I can’t. Well, for like a little less than a second, kinda. Does that count?
Recap of 2017:
- Spent new year countdown at Mom’s Bar.
- N got spayed, took the conehead hiking a lot.
- Picked up a hobby of arranging flowers. Sold a few to friends.
- Vday spent with a home cooked meal topped with chocolate strawberries. I sometimes have mad craves for that paella.
- Flew to NY for a quickie. Drank a lot, ate a lot, laughed a lot, slept a lot in the prettiest New-Yorkan apartment. Got our car towed in the morn, which was a separate adventure in itself.
- Received a letter that made me feel all out of sorts in only the best of ways.
- Discovered the Amoretto Sour, which made it onto my top favorite cocktails.
- Visited Calgary, Alberta at the most unexpected time. Snowmobiled, bowled a wonderful score, tried a beaver tail, wrestled P atop a random mountain, hiked up an iced slope just to slide down it, and devoured the best steak.
- Received a package from Maryland with notes on the insides, gifts from Europe travels, and a box of the prettiest chocolates.
- Took a much-needed trip to Cabo, Mexico at the most perfect time when there weren’t many people. Good foods to match good moods.
- Landed in Washington D.C. with no sight of cherry blossoms (obvi still salty about this). Don’t remember sleeping much this trip because some people apparently can sleep with a live cockroach in the same room. On a bright note, the drive to Maryland was a completely different experience.
- Flew to Chicago. I can deffo understand why people say it’s a clean NY. It was the trip I wished to stay > to return home.
- Had many friends visit- J, S, F + T, and M.
- Took N to the dog beach. If you have ever seen a dog run and swim like N at a dog beach, you’d swear nothing else could make your heart feel happier. You let me know when you need a pick-me-up, and I’ll take you.
- Birthday dinner at Maestro’s and surprise party after.
- Went home to Colorado to match C.
- First Vegas trip.
- Camped at the Los Angeles Forest. It was refreshing to finally see a sky full of stars in CA. The hike was horrifying. P sure I wanted to just die in the middle of it. The dogs encountered a black rattlesnake.
- Spent the 4th of July on Laguna beach. Literally hobo-ed it to dinner, but you shoulda seen the fireworks, man.
- Drove to Colorado from California and made a stop at Horseshoe Bend along the way.
- Dragged my sister and K to a 14ner, which they hated me for, but N had fun and sometimes all you need is one.
- Snagged John Mayer tickets.
- John Mayer twice.
- Met up with high school clique for food and beers. Can’t believe C and D are married now.
- Drove to OC for the OC Fair. P won the ringtoss! How the heck does that happen?!
- Painfully packed up and moved out of my dream apartment on Santee st. Moved into my new, pretty pad with my pretty, new roommate.
- Started work year 2.
- Hiked a total of 30+ mi in Redwoods National Forest. Snuck our dogs into the park. Prayed for forgiveness. One hike led to a lake that the dogs went swimming in.
- Horror night at Universal.
- Halloween shit show. Gave my number out to so many randos, lost my wallet, car key, house key, peed in public, messaged a bunch of people telling them I love them, woke up somewhere other than my bed…okthisisagoodplacetostop.
- Attended a wedding-a pretty, pretty wedding.
- Decorated for roommate’s bday and remembered how much I love using my hands.
- Finally got to see the Kusama exhibition at the Broad (only took about 3 tries).
- Family trip to Aspen.
- Christmas in Korea with memories of butt shots, eating dank food, 2 hour-body massages, vitamin IV, bowling, boardgames, drinking, and making new friends.
Resolutions of 2018:
Going into resolutions strong with “I will” statements. Here goes!
- I will save. I know too well my very easily-fall-in-love type personality so I am putting my foot down. I do not neeeeeed that pretty black dress that I’ll probably only ever wear once.
- I will take no bullshit. I learned the hard way 2017 how invaluable my time is. I need to do what I must to build myself into the person I want to become.
- I will travel. I said only 2 places this year (in efforts to save), but we shall see.
- I will stay active. I plan to continue showing up to classes, even on days I’d rather “Nama-stay right here..in bed.”
- I will grow happiness in routine. I hate routines, I hate schedules, I hate being confined into a “space”, there’s a quite a bit of hate, actually. But there is something to be said about crossing something off on a list and developing a consistent character. As I enter my 25th year, I’d like to define myself. Who am I? Who have I been? Who will I become? Such vague questions, but it begins with what you do day-in-and-day-out and how.
- I will pray. Praying more, specific prayers. My favorite time to pray is my drive to work to the moment I open the door to my classroom. It drives my prayer in a direction.
- I will channel my creative energy. Choosing a career outside of my passion for art, has definitely left me thirsty. It all comes rushing back to me when I pick up a drawing pencil or get an opportunity to work on a project. 2018, will be about less waiting around for chances.